Skip to main content

Setup and Visual Studio / VS Code Integration

Ideas and feedback on our setup process and Visual Studio and VS Code integration...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Need assitance with setting up Bell's example

I am experiencing a weird behavior, Just creating a Q# application causes the following issue.

i am getting a MSB3073 error.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error MSB3073 The command "dotnet C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\build../tools/qsc/qsc.dll --input "Operation.qs" --references "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.canon\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.Canon.dll" "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.MetaData.dll" "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.Primitives.dll" "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.Simulation.Common.dll" "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.Simulation.Core.dll" "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.Simulation.QCTraceSimulatorRuntime.dll" "C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\lib\netstandard2.0\Microsoft.Quantum.Simulation.Simulators.dll" --outputpath obj\qsharp\src" exited with code 1. Bell C:\Users\Kevin Ali.nuget\packages\microsoft.quantum.development.kit\0.2.1802.2202-preview\build\Microsoft.Quantum.Development.Kit.targets 17

From looking at the ,csporj for some reason it is using dotnetCore2.1 rather then dotNET Framework 4.6.1.

I am kind of stuck on how to create a new Q# project, I am able to run the example…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the application is not installed

I have pulled the git repo and have VS2017 Community updated as well as .net core that was required. But the samples all says incompatiable the application is not installed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. C# modules in the Quantum SDK are throwing reference errors

Hi, I'm going through the samples in the SDK and while everything is executing fine, the IDE is showing a number of reference errors for libraries/namespaces.
    For example:

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'Simulation' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Quantum' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Measurement

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'System' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Measurement

I don't see any errors within the Q# modules.

Any idea what's going on? I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise.

Thanks,

RIck

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Q# debugging in vscode

Following this documentation debugging is possible with plain VisualStudio but not with vscode. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/quantum/quantum-techniques-testinganddebugging?view=qsharp-preview&tabs=tabid-vs2017#debugging

I do believe that full support of vscode is mandatory for the success of the Q# community. Most of the developers will not be necessarily experienced C# developers and will probably work on *nix based machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Installing project templates fails with NU1103

I followed the tutorial for installing project templates in the Command Line / Visual Studio Code section of https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/quantum/quantum-installconfig?view=qsharp-preview&tabs=tabid-vscode

I tried installing on Arch Linux first, then on Windows, running in Bash on Ubuntu on Windows first, and finally running in Command Prompt.
    I get the same errors in all cases, as described below

When I try to run
    dotnet new -i "Microsoft.Quantum.ProjectTemplates::0.2-*"

I get the following errors:

C:\Users\Balint>dotnet.exe new -i "Microsoft.Quantum.ProjectTemplates::0.2-*"
    Restoring packages for C:\Users\Balint\.templateengine\dotnetcli\v2.1.4\scratch\restore.csproj...
    C:\Users\Balint\.templateengine\dotnetcli\v2.1.4\scratch\restore.csproj : error NU1103: Unable to find a stable package Microsoft.Quantum.ProjectTemplates with version
    C:\Users\Balint\.templateengine\dotnetcli\v2.1.4\scratch\restore.csproj : error NU1103: - Found 5 version(s) in nuget.org […

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Code formatting

in VS code I expect if i do Cmd+K +F I can format the code file to my settings. However, this extension indicates that a formatter is not provided.

If you open source this it would be easy to add btw

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. F# Hello World Example

If you have your visual studio 2017 templates avaiable on git hub, I am happy to add a F# one for your SDK

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the offer! We haven’t put our project templates out on GitHub yet, I’m afraid.
    Because we compile Q# into C#, if you use F# for the classical driver code, it needs to be in a separate project from the Q# code. It works fine, though; we’ve done it here.

8. Intellisense for Q#?

Would be great to have same capabilities as in C# (type comments, prediction, refactoring). Right now I'm not getting any with VS 2017 (qs code file is treated as abstract text tokens basically), but everything compiles and works fine

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Setup and Visual Studio / VS Code Integration

Feedback and Knowledge Base