Skip to main content

Setup and Visual Studio / VS Code Integration

Ideas and feedback on our setup process and Visual Studio and VS Code integration...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Cannot load Q# language extension

I installed the quantum development kit v 0.3.1811.203 on my VS 2017 Enterprise 15.9 environment but it fails to load the extension.

"There was an error activating the remote language server, Q# Language Extension. For more details, please run devenv /log and examine ....\ActivityLog.xml file"

I checked the ActivityLog.xml and found the following:
    "ERROR System.SystemException: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed. at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.TranslateToSids(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Boolean& someFailed) at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed) at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType) at System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.ModifyAccess(AccessControlModification modification, AccessRule rule, Boolean& modified) at System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.AddAccessRule(AccessRule rule) at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No Q# Template Under C#

Visual Studio Preview 15.9.0

I am just starting with Q#. I tested the sample Teleportation app and it ran successfully. However, when I -> Project/New/C#, there is no Q# template underneath the C#.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up. Thanks for any help with this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No hover over results at breakpoints in Q#

When I am debugging in Q#, while paused if I move my mouse over a variable I don't get the tooltip that shows it's value. I have to rely on the locals/autos debug windows. Will we be adding this useful support in Visual Studio 2017?

Thanks,
    Rick

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How do I add Q# integration to a UWP app?

If I start with a Windows UWP C# app in Visual Studio 2017, how do I add the Q# support to it so I can call Q# libraries in a similar way to how the C# console apps call Q# in the samples?
    Thanks,
    Rick

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. C# modules in the Quantum SDK are throwing reference errors

Hi, I'm going through the samples in the SDK and while everything is executing fine, the IDE is showing a number of reference errors for libraries/namespaces.
    For example:

Error CS0234 The type or namespace name 'Simulation' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.Quantum' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Measurement

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'System' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Measurement

I don't see any errors within the Q# modules.

Any idea what's going on? I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise.

Thanks,

RIck

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Q# debugging in vscode

Following this documentation debugging is possible with plain VisualStudio but not with vscode. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/quantum/quantum-techniques-testinganddebugging?view=qsharp-preview&tabs=tabid-vs2017#debugging

I do believe that full support of vscode is mandatory for the success of the Q# community. Most of the developers will not be necessarily experienced C# developers and will probably work on *nix based machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Code formatting

in VS code I expect if i do Cmd+K +F I can format the code file to my settings. However, this extension indicates that a formatter is not provided.

If you open source this it would be easy to add btw

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. F# Hello World Example

If you have your visual studio 2017 templates avaiable on git hub, I am happy to add a F# one for your SDK

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the offer! We haven’t put our project templates out on GitHub yet, I’m afraid.
    Because we compile Q# into C#, if you use F# for the classical driver code, it needs to be in a separate project from the Q# code. It works fine, though; we’ve done it here.

• Don't see your idea?

Setup and Visual Studio / VS Code Integration

Feedback and Knowledge Base