Skip to main content

Samples and Documentation

How can our samples and documentation make your quantum development expeirence better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. H2SimulationGUI displays big “peaks” sometimes

Hello,

Sometimes H2SimulationGUI displays rather big errors of energy values for some bond lengths. Most often instead of value around -1 for bonds > 1 it may be something near -0.4 (“peaks”) , but “pit” may appears rarely for smaller bond values.

It also happens for H2SimulationCmdLine, but GUI makes that simply to find. I mentioned that first with previous version 1802 of Q# (13 June, I did not run GUI before). The new version 1806 has the same problem.

I found, that the simulation most likely works without error just after first “dotnet run” (e.g. after computer reboot). I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Error in DumpMachine to console documentation.

On the documentation page of 'DumpMachine' (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/qsharp/api/prelude/microsoft.quantum.extensions.diagnostics.dumpmachine?view=qsharp-preview), it says 'providing an empty location (()) typically means to generate the output to the console.'.

I think it should say 'providing an empty location ("") typically means to generate the output to the console.', as currently (on TIO.run and my machine) providing an empty string leads to console output and providing an empty tuple writes to a file named '()'.

The same problem is also present in the 'DumpRegister' documentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need more clarity on the computer science behind the samples

While I can get the Q# samples running, it's hard to understand why those samples are impactful. Why is the solution being demonstrated better solved using quantum computing rather than standard computations? I'd like to get more background on how difficult and time consuming it would be to solve the problems shown in the samples without quantum computing. And could you add some simplified scenarios? For example in this lecture, the presenter shows how with quantum computing it can guess what playing card would be when turned over on the first guess: https://rebootingcomputing.ieee.org/archived-articles-and-videos/technology-spotlight/quantum-computing-explained-with-a-deck-of-cards This would be a great sample demo.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Solve a Rubiks Cube sample

Hi, I don't know if you can front Q# code with a UWP UI instead of just console output, but if it can a great visual demo would be showing a Rubiks Cube being solved by quantum computing.

I'd love to be able to use this to show the impact to high level audiences on how fast quantum computing is. What I would want to do is show solving it by hand, then show an app solving it using traditional computing with a timer and then show the cube being quantum solved with a timer.

That would be a super…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sample for solving a linear system of equation

Please make a sample for solving a linear system of equations

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sample for Max-Cut and/or Traveling Salesman Problem

Please show how to implement VQE to solve this kind of problem in Q#.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Quantum mechanics of time travel

Please make a sample doing Seth Lloyd's simulation of time travel experiment to test the grandfather paradox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics_of_time_travel

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export as PDF

http://docs.microsoft.com supports export as PDF on some pages (below the TOC on the left). It'd be great to enable this option for the (very good) Quantum documentation to make offline study and printing easier.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Samples and Documentation

Feedback and Knowledge Base